Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Assembly approves self-insurance oversight bill | State and Regional News | host.madison.com

Assembly approves self-insurance oversight bill | State and Regional News | host.madison.com



Hard to believe this.  Here's the email I sent to my Senator:

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Senator Vinehout

Can
you help me understand what this will really mean.  I can't believe the
current leadership in the Legislature and the Governor want to take
business away from private insurance/HMO companies.  Are they just going
to shift from buying "insurance" to paying those same companies to do
all the work?
What is this really going to mean in terms of who is paid to do what for employee covereage?

And, if this really is "Under
self-insurance, the state would pay benefits directly instead of buying
insurance from 18 HMOs.", then why isn't it a good idea for WI to do so
for ALL publiclly funded health care programs?  
Again, I find it hard to believe this is REALLY a move to have "the state would pay benefits directly".  

Please help me understand what this Self Insurance Oversight Bill really will do.

No comments: