Thursday, December 18, 2014

Medicaid Enrollment Up by 9 Million in 2014 | Medpage Today

Medicaid Enrollment Up by 9 Million in 2014 | Medpage Today

If 66.5 million are now on Medicaid and another approximately 8 million
on a plan under the ACA we would now have 24% of our population covered
by those programs.  Per some data I found - if we have 8 million on CHIP
and 25 million on Medicare (w/o also being on Medicaid),  we would have
108 million on  a public program.  I am sure my numbers are a bit off
and that I missed some public programs like Veterans health care.  I
wish most of this was not via managed care / HMO type models.  What
struck me is that we already use public programs to cover about at least
1/3 of our citizens.  That is a ball park figure and if it is way off, I
sure would like to be corrected.  Again, my research capabilities are
limited.

No comments: