Friday, December 24, 2010

Editorial: Mandate prevents health 'free riders' | StarTribune.com

Editorial: Mandate prevents health 'free riders' | StarTribune.com: "- Sent using Google Toolbar"
This article on the mandate to buy insurance and the need to have such a mandate is based on a Robert Wood Johnson report. I understand the logic here but I wish we didn't use the term mandate and did not require us to buy insurance from private companies. Requiring us to pay into Medicare and Social Security is a type of mandate but it isn't requiring I pay a private company. Requiring that this health care reform be paid for by requiring me to pay a private company is not the way to go. Requiring me to pay a tax based on my income is the way to go. I bet it'd be cheaper for all of too.

No comments: